If you have received a chargeback you have the option to discuss with your customer and clear off any concerns they may have had for the transaction. Provided that the cardholder has received the services/ goods they have paid for, they should agree to the charges and you may ask for the payment to be made again.
Provided that you are unable to reach your customer and engage into a reasonable solution, you may attempt to dispute the chargeback by contacting our Antifraud team at [email protected]
Please, make sure to provide us with at least the following, related to the originating transaction:
1. A description of the sale and a receipt / invoice / booking confirmation;
2. A link to the exact page where the booking was made. This page should show the accommodation description and the cancellation policy;
3. A copy of the checkin form signed by the client;
4. A copy of the ID card / passport presented by the client at check in (if the local law allows you to collect this copy, otherwise the ID number is enough);
5. Copies of any emails sent to / received from the client;
6. Any other information that you may have.
Following receipt of the above documents, we will get back to you informing you whether or not we can dispute the chargeback on your behalf. Chargeback disputes can be lengthy and involve communication between the acquiring and issuing banks, as well as the card scheme, should this be required. If we respond that we are able to dispute the chargeback you will know the outcome of the dispute within roughly 50 days.
Initial chargeback disputes cost 25€. If your dispute is not honoured by the issuing bank, you may wish to further represent your rights to prove that the transaction is legitimate. This can be done by our Antifraud team, provided that you are in possession of documentation that serves as a strong proof of receipt of services / goods in exchange for the amount of the transaction.
Second chargeback re-presentments are charged 15€.
There is no guarantee that you will win the dispute, however If the cardholder complaint is proven untrue, you will be refunded with the full amount of the original transaction value.